OF HARDENBURGH, NY DETAILS:
The Town of Hardenburgh is located in the western part of Ulster County inside the Catskill Park, bordering Sullivan and Delaware counties.
A popular area for hiking and fishing, there is no town-center and this rural town consists only of homes and farms. Hardenburgh also has the smallest population of all Ulster county towns.
Five of the Catskill High Peaks are within or along its borders. In fact, because of the mountains, most of the direct routes from Hardenburgh to the rest of the county are hiking trails or via Sullivan and Delaware counties.
Early settlers came to the Dry Brook Valley of Hardenburgh in 1800. In 1859, the Town of Hardenburgh was separated from Shandaken and established from parts of Denning and Shandaken. The town was named for Johannes Hardenburgh, a landowner. Early industries in the area included lumber and saw mills, as well as agriculture, especially cauliflower.
Top of Page
(Based on 2010 Census)
Manor Central School District, Margaretville Central School District
Recycling Helpline: Ulster County Resource Recovery Agency, 845-336-3336, www.ucrra.org
Clubs & Resources
Emergency Assistance & Hospitals
Police / Sheriff - Non-Emergency
Voter Registration Information
Top of Page
Visit our Events Calendar for more happenings.
Art Galleries - Visit Ulster County Tourism's website link - www.ulstercountyalive.com/landing/history-arts-and-culture
• Visit Ulster County Tourism's website link - www.ulstercountyalive.com/landing/farms
• Pick Your Own Farms
• Golf Courses - Visit Ulster County Tourism's website link, scroll down, drop down the "Type" menu tab, and click on Golf Courses -
• Miniature Golf
High Angle Adventures, Inc., rock climbing, 800-777-CLIMB (2546),
Ice Cream Parlors
• For information on Museums and Historic Sites in Ulster County, click below link for a PDF of Ulster County Tourism's Cultural Heritage Guide brochure:
Parks & Trails:
• Area Trails and Rail Trails
• Area Camping, Fishing, Hunting, Hiking, NYS Parks
• Balsam Lake Mountain Wild Forest, with Hiking - Dry Brook Ridge Trailhead, Kelly Hollow Trailhead, Alder Lake Trailhead, Hardenburgh Trailhead, Balsam Lake Mountain Trailhead; www.dec.ny.gov/lands/9152.html
Theater & & Performing Arts
Top of Page